We are looking for an Interior Design Assistant to work with the Design Team to provide exceptional service to clients turning their design dreams into detailed selections and finished projects. By performing several administrative, clerical, and creative duties under the supervision of an Interior Designer.
- Input and review all selections in our online construction/management system, BuilderTrend, to confirm the accuracy of selections after Designer/clients’ visits to suppliers and trade [KC1] partners.
- Communicate directly with the Vendor to receive quotes/layouts/specs/drawings and serve as a liaison between designer/vendors/clients until the client is satisfied with the selections and prices.
- Contact the client to review the selections once ready for approval and seek to finalize by client sign-off. Address revisions when necessary.
- Utilize and manage BuilderTrend for communication and document management.
- Obtain any construction-related cost variances from vendors as needed and incorporate those into a client’s change order.
- Reach out to current vendors for pricing or identify new vendors and obtain pricing and specifications as needed.
- Communicate verbally and in writing any changes to Designers to make sure they are aware of any changes needed to incorporate client’s projects.
- Create change orders for client’s approval.
- Maintain accurate product line list to be used by cross-functional team.
- Maintain accurate technical specifications for each product working closely with Lead Designer.
- Manage and schedule each delivery within given deadlines.
- Maintain current samples and displays.
- Assist in routine project activities such as material deliveries and inspections.
Meetings and Communication:
- Schedule initial vendor meetings for the Designer with the client and vendor. Attend client-vendor meetings as needed.
- Input all selections and information into BuilderTrend for the client and staff to access.
- Weekly meetings with Design Team.
- Hours: M-F, full-time 8:30a-5:00p
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certificate required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous office or personal assistant experience required.
- Strong phone and people skills, ability to speak and build rapport with individuals instantly.
- Ability to remain organized while working in a high-intensity, highly fluid, and fast-paced environment with an aptitude to think creatively, yet logically, to solve problems.
- Ability to function independently.
- Computer and web savvy-ness, including the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Preference will be given to those with construction or trade experience.
- Reliable vehichle to travel to meetings and meet with clients offsite.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- In 2-3 sentences, tell us why you feel you are the best candidate for this role?
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location