We are looking for an Interior Designer to join our Design Team to provide exceptional service to clients for a variety of Interior and Exterior Remodeling projects. The Interior Designer will work collaboratively with Sales, Drafters, and Project Managers to turn our client’s dreams into reality. You are the ideal candidate if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously with an approachable, responsive, flexible, whatever-it-takes style. Applicants should thrive in team-oriented environments and have the ability to manage workload independently, with a strong design initiative on multiple projects simultaneously, some with tight deadlines.
- Assist Sales and Drafting Team during the drafting process by visiting job sites to analyze space, design needs, and client preferences regarding interior styles and colors.
- Educate our clients on the importance of schedule timelines, order of selection appointments, priority, due dates, and the usage of BuilderTrend project management software.
- Arrange visits to meet with client and vendors for the selection of all materials and items required to complete the project.
- Assist clients at the J&J showroom and various vendor locations in the design selections process for making detailed choices related to style, finish and color for all materials.
- Create drawings and layouts incorporating color themes, specs, and materials of clients chosen selections for client’s approval.
- Create project material finish boards as needed
- Communicate directly with the Vendor to receive quotes and serve as liaison between clients/vendors until client is satisfied with the selections and prices; must also resolve incorrect selection quotes or details.
- Contact the client to review the selections ready for approval and seek to finalize that selection by client sign off in BuilderTrend. Address revisions when necessary.
- Utilize and manage BuilderTrend for communication and document management.
- Ensuring the design of projects are completed within the allocated budget and design timeline.
- Obtain any construction related cost variances from vendors as needed and incorporate those into a client’s change order.
- Create change orders as needed for client approvals.
- Oversee the ordering process of selection materials and items required to complete the project.
- Communicate verbally and through BuilderTrend any changes to Project Managers to ensure they are aware of any revisions to the Scope of Work.
- Make site trips to assist Project Manager in ensuring accurate material deliveries and proper installation of materials with trades.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meetings and Communication:
- Before the initial client measure meeting, confer with Salesman or Draftsperson to understand the project scope, included finishes, and initial vendor selection.
- Input all selections and information into BuilderTrend for the staff to access, including costs as approved by Salesman, in the Change Order module and Scheduling module of BuilderTrend.
- Weekly meetings to communicate with Team Management, Sales, Design, and Project
- Managers of design and project updates as well as changes that need to be considered during construction.
- The designer must be available for client questions and ready to offer direction on a weekly basis during each phase of the project.
- Hours: M-F, full-time 8-5. Weekend hours and after 5 hours are generally not needed but will be required at times with notice.
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years minium in a selections/design role, remodeling or new construction preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or related field.
- Proficiency in 2020, SketchUp, Chief Architect or similar design software.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Highly creative, imaginative, and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision to clients and the desire to work on interdisciplinary teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
- Follow and stay on schedule with assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable vehicle to travel to meetings and meet with clients offsite.
Work Location: One location